GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS MuMu
1. MuMu: Amalavida BV, established in Amstelveen, Chamber of Commerce no. 64433412. 2. Customer: the person with whom MuMu has entered into an agreement.
3. Parties: MuMu and customer together.
4. Consumer: a customer who is an individual acting for private purposes.
1. These terms and conditions will apply to all quotations, offers, activities, orders, agreements and deliveries of services or products by or on behalf of MuMu.
2. Parties can only deviate from these conditions if they have explicitly agreed upon in writing.
3. The parties expressly exclude the applicability of supplementary and/or deviating general terms and conditions of the
customer or of third parties.
1. All prices used by MuMu are in euros, are inclusive of VAT and exclusive of any other costs such as administration costs, levies and travel-, shipping- or transport expenses, unless expressly stated otherwise or agreed otherwise.
2. MuMu is entitled to adjust all prices for its products or services, shown in its shop, on its website or otherwise, at any time.
3. Increases in the cost prices of products or parts thereof, which MuMu could not foresee at the time of making an offer or the conclusion of the agreement, may give rise to price increases.
4. The consumer has the right to terminate an agreement as a result of a price increase as referred to in paragraph 3, unless the increase is the result of statutory regulation.
5. The price with regard to services is determined by MuMu on the basis of the actual working hours.
6. The price is calculated according to the usual hourly rates of MuMu, valid for the period in which he carries out the
work, unless a different hourly rate has been agreed.
7. If the parties have agreed on a total amount for a service provided by MuMu, this is always a target price, unless the
parties have explicitly agreed upon in writing on a fixed price, which can not be deviated from.
8. MuMu is entitled to deviate up to 10% of the target price.
9. If the target price exceeds 10%, MuMu must let the customer know in due time why a higher price is justified.
10. If the target price exceeds 10%, the customer has the right to cancel the part of the order that exceeds the target price by 10%.
11. MuMu has the right to adjust prices annually.
12. MuMu will communicate price adjustments to the customer prior to the moment the price increase becomes effective.
13. The consumer has the right to terminate the contract with MuMu if he does not agree with the price increase.
Payments and payment term
1. MuMu may, at the conclusion of the agreement, require a down payment of up to 50% of the agreed amount.
2. The customer must have paid the full amount within 7 days after delivery of the product.
3. Payment terms are considered as fatal payment terms. This means that if the customer has not paid the agreed amount
at the latest on the last day of the payment term, he is legally in default, without MuMu having to send the customer a
reminder or to put him in default.
4. MuMu reserves the right to make a delivery conditional upon immediate payment or to require adequate security for
the total amount of the services or products.
Payments and payment term
Products are immediately paid for in the store.
Consequences of late payment
Consequences of late payment
1. If the customer does not pay within the agreed term, MuMu is entitled to charge an interest of 1% per month from the day the customer is in default, whereby a part of a month is counted for a whole month.
2. When the customer is in default, he is also due to extrajudicial collection costs and may be obliged to pay any compensation to MuMu.
3. The collection costs are calculated on the basis of the Reimbursement for extrajudicial collection costs.
4. If the customer does not pay on time, MuMu may suspend its obligations until the customer has met his payment
5. In the event of liquidation, bankruptcy, attachment or suspension of payment on behalf of the customer, the claims of
MuMu on the customer are immediately due and payable.
6. If the customer refuses to cooperate with the performance of the agreement by MuMu, he is still obliged to pay the
agreed price to MuMu.
Right of recovery of goods
1. As soon as the customer is in default, MuMu is entitled to invoke the right of recovery with regard to the unpaid products delivered to the customer.
2. MuMu invokes the right of recovery by means of a written or electronic announcement.
3. As soon as the customer has been informed of the claimed right of recovery, the customer must immediately return
the products concerned to MuMu, unless the parties agree to make other arrangements about this.
4. The costs for the collection or return of the products are at the expense of the customer.
Right of cancellation
1. A consumer may cancel an online purchase during a cooling-off period of 14 days without giving any reason, provided that
the product has not been used
it is not a product that can spoil quickly, like food or flowers
the product is not specially tailored for the consumer or adapted to its special needs
it is not a product that may not be returned for hygienic reasons (underwear, swimwear, etc.)
the seal is still intact, when the product is a data carrier with digital content (DVDs, CDs, etc.)
the product is not a (holiday)trip, a transportation ticket, a catering order or a form of leisure activity, the product is not a separate magazine or a loose newspaper
the purchase does not concern an (assignment to) urgent repair
the consumer has not renounced his right of cancellation
2. The reflection period of 14 days as referred to in paragraph 1 commences:
on the day after the consumer has received the last product or part of 1 order
as soon as the consumer has received the first the product of a subscription
as soon as the consumer has purchased a service for the first time
as soon as the consumer has confirmed the purchase of digital content via the internet
3. The consumer can notify his right of cancellation via firstname.lastname@example.org, if desired by using the withdrawal form that can be downloaded via the website of MuMu, www.mumu.systems.
4. The consumer is obliged to return the product to MuMu within 14 days after the notification of his right of cancellation, after which period his right of cancellation will lapse.
5. The costs for return are due MuMu if the complete order is returned.
6. If the purchase costs and any other costs (such as shipping and return costs) are eligible for reimbursement according
to the law, MuMu will refund these costs to the consumer within 14 days of receipt of the timely appeal to the right of withdrawal, provided that the consumer has returned the product to MuMu in time.
Suspension of obligations by the customer
The customer waives the right to suspend the fulfillment of any obligation arising from this agreement.
Right of retention
Right of retention
1. MuMu can appeal to his right of retention of title and in that case retain the products sold by MuMu to the customer until the customer has paid all outstanding invoices with regard to MuMu, unless the customer has provided sufficient security for these payments.
2. The right of retention of title also applies on the basis of previous agreements from which the customer still owes payments to MuMu.
3. MuMu is never liable for any damage that the customer may suffer as a result of using his right of retention of title.
The customer waives his right to settle any debt to MuMu with any claim on MuMu.
Retention of title
1. MuMu remains the owner of all delivered products until the customer has fully complied with all its payment obligations with regard to MuMu under whatever agreement with MuMu including of claims regarding the shortcomings in the performance.
2. Until then, MuMu can invoke its retention of title and take back the goods.
3. Before the property is transferred to the customer, the customer may not pledge, sell, dispose of or otherwise
encumber the products.
4. If MuMu invokes its retention of title, the agreement will be dissolved and MuMu has the right to claim
compensation, lost profits and interest.
1. Delivery takes place while stocks last.
2. Delivery takes place at MuMu unless the parties have agreed upon otherwise.
3. Delivery of products ordered online takes place at the address indicated by the customer.
4. If the agreed price is not paid on time, MuMu has the right to suspend its obligations until the agreed price is fully
5. In the event of late payment, the customer is automatically in default, and hereby he can not object to late delivery by
1. Any delivery period specified by MuMu is indicative and does not give the customer the right to dissolution or compensation if this period is not met with, unless the parties have expressly agreed otherwise in writing.
2. The delivery starts once the customer has fully completed the (electronic) ordering process and received an (electronic) confirmation of his order from MuMu.
3. Exceeding the specified delivery period does not entitle the customer to compensation or the right to terminate the contract, unless MuMu cannot deliver within [number of days late] or if the parties have agreed upon otherwise.
The customer must ensure that the actual delivery of the products ordered by him can take place in time.
Transport costs are on behalf of the customer, unless the parties have agreed upon otherwise.
Packaging and shipping
1. If the package of a delivered product is opened or damaged, the customer must have a note drawn up by the
1. If the package of a delivered product is opened or damaged, the customer must have a note drawn up by the forwarder or delivery person before receiving the product. In the absence of which MuMu may not be held liable for any damage.
2. If the customer himself takes care of the transport of a product, he must report any visible damage to products or the packaging prior to the transport to MuMu, failing which MuMu cannot be held liable for any damage.
1. The customer undertakes to insure and keep insured the following items adequately against fire, explosion and water damage as well as theft:
goods delivered that are necessary for the execution of the underlying agreement goods being property of MuMu that are present at the premises of the customer goods that have been delivered under retention of title
2. At the first request of MuMu , the customer provides the policy for these insurances for inspection.
1. If the customer orders products later than the agreed delivery date, the risk of any quality loss is entirely for the customer.
2. Any extra costs as a result of premature or late purchase of products are entirely at the customer's expense.
1. When parties have entered into an agreement with services included, these services only contain best-effort obligations for MuMu, not obligations of results.
2. The warranty relating to products only applies to defects caused by faulty manufacture, construction or material.
3. The warranty does not apply in the event of normal wear and tear and damage resulting from accidents, changes
made to the product, negligence or improper use by the customer, or when the cause of the defect can not clearly be
4. The risk of loss, damage or theft of the products that are the subject of an agreement between the parties, will pass on
to the customer when these products are legally and/or factually delivered, at least are in the power of the customer or of a third party who receives the product for the benefit of the customer.
1. Exchange is only possible if the following conditions are met:
exchange takes place within 120 days after purchase upon presentation of the original invoice
the product is returned in the original packaging or with the original (price) tags still attached to it the product has not been used
2. Discounted items, non-shelf articles such as food, custom made items or specially adapted articles for the customer cannot be exchanged.
Performance of the agreement
1. MuMu executes the agreement to the best of its knowledge and ability and in accordance with the requirements of good workmanship.
2. MuMu has the right to have the agreed services (partially) performed by third parties.
3. The execution of the agreement takes place in mutual consultation and after written agreement and payment of the
possibly agreed advance by the customer.
4. It is the responsibility of the customer that MuMu can start the implementation of the agreement on time.
5. If the customer has not ensured that MuMu can start the implementation of the agreement in time, the resulting
additional costs and/or extra hours will be charged to the customer.
Duty to inform by the customer
1. The customer shall make available to MuMu all information, data and documents relevant to the correct execution of the agreement to in time and in the desired format and manner.
2. The customer guarantees the correctness, completeness and reliability of the information, data and documents made available, even if they originate from third parties, unless otherwise ensuing from the nature of the agreement.
3. If and insofar as the customer requests this, MuMu will return the relevant documents.
4. If the customer does not timely and properly provides the information, data or documents reasonably required by
MuMu and the execution of the agreement is delayed because of this, the resulting additional costs and extra hours will be charged to the customer.
Duration of the agreement
1. The agreement between MuMu and the customer is entered into for the duration of 1 years, unless it results otherwise from the nature of the agreement or if the parties have expressly agreed otherwise in writing.
2. If a fixed-term contract has been entered into, it will be tacitly converted into an open-ended contract at the end of the term, unless 1 of the parties terminates the contract with due observance of a notice period of 2 month(s), or if a consumer terminates the agreement with due observance of a notice period of 1 month / the agreement ends at the end of the fixed term.
3. If the parties have agreed upon a term for the completion of certain activities, this is never a strict deadline, unless specified explicitly otherwise in writing. If this term is exceeded, the customer must give MuMu a written reasonable term to terminate the activities, before it may either terminate the contract or claim damages.
1. MuMu retains all intellectual property rights (including copyright, patent rights, trademark rights, design and design rights, etc.) on all designs, drawings, writings, data carriers or other information, quotations, images, sketches, models, scale models, etc., unless parties have agreed otherwise in writing.
2. The customer may not copy or have copied the intellectual property rights without prior written permission from MuMu, nor show them to third parties and / or make them available or use them in any other way.
1. If the customer violates the articles of these general terms and conditions about secrecy or intellectual property, then he forfeits on behalf of MuMu an immediately due and payable fine of € 5.000 1.000 for each violation and in addition an amount of 5% of the aforementioned amount for each day that this violation continues.
2. No actual damage, prior notice of default or legal proceedings are required in forfeiting the fine referred to in the first paragraph of this article.
3. The forfeiture of the fine referred to in the first paragraph of this article shall not affect the other rights of MuMu including its right to claim compensation in addition to the fine.
The customer indemnifies MuMu against all third-party claims that are related to the products and/or services supplied by MuMu.
1. The customer must examine a product or service provided by MuMu as soon as possible for possible shortcomings.
2. If a delivered product or service does not comply with what the customer could reasonably expect from the
agreement, the customer must inform MuMu of this as soon as possible, but in any case within 1 month after the
discovery of the shortcomings.
3. Consumers must inform MuMu of this within two months after detection of the shortcomings.
4. The customer gives a detailed description as possible of the shortcomings, so that MuMu is able to respond
4. The customer gives a detailed description as possible of the shortcomings, so that MuMu is able to respond adequately.
5. The customer must demonstrate that the complaint relates to an agreement between the parties.
6. If a complaint relates to ongoing work, this can in any case not lead to MuMu being forced to perform other work
than has been agreed.
1. The customer must provide any notice of default to MuMu in writing.
2. It is the responsibility of the customer that a notice of default actually reaches MuMu (in time).
Joint and several Client liabilities
If MuMu enters into an agreement with several customers, each of them shall be jointly and severally liable for the full amounts due to MuMu under that agreement.
Liability of MuMu
1. MuMu is only liable for any damage the customer suffers if and insofar as this damage is caused by intent or gross negligence.
2. If MuMu is liable for any damage, it is only liable for direct damages that results from or is related to the execution of an agreement.
3. MuMu is never liable for indirect damages, such as consequential loss, lost profit, lost savings or damage to third parties.
4. If MuMu is liable, its liability is limited to the amount paid by a closed (professional) liability insurance and in the absence of (full) payment by an insurance company of the damages the amount of the liability is limited to the (part of the) invoice to which the liability relates.
5. All images, photos, colors, drawings, descriptions on the website or in a catalog are only indicative and are only approximate and can not lead to any compensation and/or (partial) dissolution of the agreement and/or suspension of any obligation.
Every right of the customer to compensation from MuMu shall, in any case, expire within 12 months after the event from which the liability arises directly or indirectly. This does not exclude the provisions in article 6:89 of the Dutch Civil Code.
1. The customer has the right to dissolve the agreement if MuMu imputably fails in the fulfillment of his obligations, unless this shortcoming does not justify termination due to its special nature or because it is of minor significance.
2. If the fulfillment of the obligations by MuMu is not permanent or temporarily impossible, dissolution can only take place after MuMu is in default.
3. MuMu has the right to dissolve the agreement with the customer, if the customer does not fully or timely fulfill his obligations under the agreement, or if circumstances give MuMu good grounds to fear that the customer will not be able to fulfill his obligations properly.
1. In addition to the provisions of article 6:75 Dutch Civil Code, a shortcoming of MuMu in the fulfillment of any obligation to the customer cannot be attributed to MuMu in any situation independent of the will of MuMu, when the fulfillment of its obligations towards the customer is prevented in whole or in part or when the fulfillment of its obligations cannot reasonably be required from MuMu .
2. The force majeure situation referred to in paragraph 1 is also applicable - but not limited to: state of emergency (such
2. The force majeure situation referred to in paragraph 1 is also applicable - but not limited to: state of emergency (such as civil war, insurrection, riots, natural disasters, etc.); defaults and force majeure of suppliers, deliverymen or other third parties; unexpected disturbances of power, electricity, internet, computer or telecoms; computer viruses, strikes, government measures, unforeseen transport problems, bad weather conditions and work stoppages.
3. If a situation of force majeure arises as a result of which MuMu cannot fulfill one or more obligations towards the customer, these obligations will be suspended until MuMu can comply with it.
4. From the moment that a force majeure situation has lasted at least 30 calendar days, both parties may dissolve the agreement in writing in whole or in part.
5. MuMu does not owe any (damage) compensation in a situation of force majeure, even if it has obtained any advantages as a result of the force majeure situation.
Changes in the general terms and conditions
1. MuMu is entitled to amend or supplement these general terms and conditions.
2. Changes of minor importance can be made at any time.
3. Major changes in content will be discussed by MuMu with the customer in advance as much as possible.
4. Consumers are entitled to cancel the agreement in the event of a substantial change to the general terms and
Transfer of rights
1. The customer can not transfer its rights deferring from an agreement with MuMu to third parties without the prior written consent of MuMu .
2. This provision applies as a clause with a property law effect as referred to in Section 3:83 (2) Dutch Civil Code.
Consequences of nullity or annullability
1. If one or more provisions of these general terms and conditions prove null or annullable, this will not affect the other provisions of these terms and conditions.
2. A provision that is null or annullable shall, in that case, be replaced by a provision that comes closest to what MuMu had in mind when drafting the conditions on that issue.
Applicable law and competent court
1. Dutch law is exclusively applicable to all agreements between the parties.
2. The Dutch court in the district where MuMu is established is exclusively competent in case of any disputes between
parties, unless the law prescribes otherwise.
Drawn up on 01 september 2019.